1.COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide you with our services and to protect your account:
• Information including user name, address, phone number, and email address, will be collected at the time of user registration on the Site. If you are registering a Dollar Shop account through social media platforms such as Facebook, we may collect your account name and profile photo at those platforms.
•If you contact our customer service, we may record your conversation with us and collect additional information to verify your identity.
• In connection with any transaction and payment services, or services under our buyer protection schemes, information, including but not limited to, bank account numbers, billing and delivery information, credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates and security code and tracking information from cheques or money orders may be collected to facilitate the sale and purchase as well as the settlement of purchase price of the products or services transacted on or procured through the Sites.
• We record details of users’ activities on the Site. Information relating to such transactions (including, but not limited to, the types and specifications of the goods, pricing and delivery information, any dispute records and any information disclosed in any discussion forum) may be collected when transactions are conducted on or facilitated through the Site.
•We record users’ buying and browsing activities on our platform including but not limited to IP addresses, browsing patterns, buyer behavioral patterns and equipment information. In addition, we gather statistical information about the Sites and visitors to the Sites including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors.
Certain data we collect may be defined as personal data under applicable data protection law (“Personal Data”). To use our services and products, users need to provide certain categories of data (which may include Personal Data), such as user name, address, phone number, and email address. If certain data is required, we will let you know at the time of collection. In the event that users do not provide sufficient data marked as necessary, we may not be able to complete the registration process or provide certain products or services.
2. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect and use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
•verifying your identity;
•verifying your eligibility to register as a user of the Site;
•processing your registration as a user, providing you with a log-in ID for the Site and maintaining and managing your registration;
•providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
•facilitating communication between buyers and sellers on the Site, processing transactions and payments, assessing advance withdrawal requests from sellers and providing delivery services;
•assessing account security and transaction risks of members, detecting and preventing fraud and other security incidents;
• personalizing our communication with you based on your browsing records, equipment information we collected and your order history, and performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of the Site, and to improve our product offerings and services, including, for example, using anonymized data for machine learning purposes;
• identifying, developing and marketing products and services that we believe you will value, including across browsers and devices, in accordance with applicable laws. Cookies or other similar technologies may be used to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your consent prior to sending you communications for marketing purposes.
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose and transfer your Personal Data to service providers engaged by us to assist us to provide services to you. Examples of these service providers include:
• our business partners (for example, in order for them to provide you with discounts or offers that may interest you);
• payment service providers to assist with payment for transactions or providing withdrawing service for sellers;
• credit risk assessment providers to conduct risk assessment on sellers to determine whether a seller can be permitted to make an advance withdrawal;
• logistics partners for providing delivery services for buyers and warehousing services for sellers;
• cloud computing service providers to provide cloud storage services;
• warranty service providers to provide warranty services;
• customer service providers to provide after-sale services; and
•risk control service providers to assess the security of members’ accounts and transaction risks.
These Service Providers must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified above, and not for their own purposes.
When necessary and to comply with applicable laws, we may also disclose and transfer your Personal Data to our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organizations for the purposes specified above, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
We retain your Personal Data as long as needed to provide services or products to you, or as required or permitted by applicable laws, such as tax and accounting laws.
Information you submit to the Site for publication may be made publicly available on the Site and therefore accessible by any internet user. You should exercise caution when deciding what information you submit to us for publication.
4. RIGHT TO ACCESS/CORRECT PERSONAL DATA
Under the applicable laws, you may have the right of access to personal information held by us and to request correction of the information. If you are a Visitor from the European Union, please refer to J. VISITORS FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION for more information.
The Legal Department, Dollar Shop, 1323 Upland Drive PMB/Box/Suite/Apt: 5406 Houston, TX 77043, US
In accordance with applicable law, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access or correction request.
A “cookie” is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time you use the same browser or mobile device to access the Sites, our web servers will be notified of your visit to the Sites and in turn we may have knowledge of your visit and the pattern of your usage. The cookies will enable us to remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it every time you use the Site.
For these additional purposes identified above, you can determine if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring the privacy setting of the browser you are using to access the Sites or the privacy setting of your mobile device.
If you adjust the privacy setting in the browser, your mobile device will continue collecting data unless you adjust the privacy setting of the device, and vice versa.
Certain features of the Site depend on cookies. Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use those features, and preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost.
We use two types of cookies: session cookies (which are erased once you close the browser or shut down the device) and persistent cookies (which remain even after closing the browser or shutting down the device/application and which are activated each time you visit the Sites). The session cookies use encrypted data to unambiguously authenticate you. The persistent cookies do not store account numbers or passwords.
Our Site uses Google Analytics, an internet analytics service provided by Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway Mountain View, California, 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files that are stored on your computer and used to analyze the use of the Sites. For example, Google’s cookies allow us to see which pages our users are viewing, which ones are most popular, what time of day our Site is visited, if users have previously visited our Site, from which website users are redirected to our Site and others. The data generated by the cookie about your use of the Site will be transmitted to Google and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
The website uses an anonymization tool of IP addresses so that the IP addresses are truncated within the territory of the Member States of the European Union and the other members of the agreement on the European Economic Area. The non- truncated IP address are only exceptionally transmitted to Google’s servers in the US and then truncated there.
Google uses the data on behalf of the website operator to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity for the website operators and for other website activity and internet usage services. Google may disclose this information to third parties under the terms of the law or for further processing by third parties on behalf of Google.
The Sites and their contents are not targeted to minors (those under the age of 18) and we do not intend to sell any of our products or services to minors. If a minor has provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact our Legal Department at the address set out above to remove the information.
7. SECURITY MEASURES
We employ commercially reasonable security methods to prevent unauthorized access to the Site, to maintain data accuracy and to ensure the correct use of the information we hold.
For registered users of the Site, some of your information can be viewed and edited through your account, which is protected by a password. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Our personnel will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. If you share a computer with others, you should not choose to save your log-in information (e.g., user ID and password) on that shared computer. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your session.
No data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect the information we hold for you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
9.VISITORS FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION
Legal Basis for Data Processing
In some instances, you may be required to provide us with Personal Data for processing as described above, in order for us to be able to provide you all of our services, and for you to use all the features of our Sites.
International Transfers of Personal Data
Our business may require us to transfer your Personal Data to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including to countries that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country such as the United States and China. We take appropriate steps to ensure that recipients of your Personal Data are bound to duties of confidentiality and we implement measures such as standard contractual clauses. A copy of those clauses can be obtained by contacting our Help Center.
Subject to limitations in applicable law, you are entitled to object to or request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data, and to request access to, rectification, erasure and portability of your own Personal Data.
Where the use of your information is based on consent, you can withdraw this consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Requests should be submitted by contacting us through our Help Center. If you are aware of changes or inaccuracies in your information, you should inform us of such changes so that our records may be updated or corrected. You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your Personal Data infringes applicable law.
We retain your Personal Data as long as needed to provide services or products to you, or as required or permitted by applicable laws, such as tax and accounting laws.Go to Homepage